Monday 30 May 2011

Meeting The Wanted at 'Live At Kingsholm'

So yesterday I met The Wanted at Gloucester, I wanted to make a personal post and share this amazing experience with you, so here's my story.

On the 29th May 2011 I met The Wanted. I won a competition on Facebook, and was announced as ‘The Wanted’s Ultimate Fan’ on Monday 23rd of May, which was also my birthday, best birthday present EVER. Anyway, straight away I started preparing presents for the lads, I made a book for all of them, and then a Skittles top for Jay, as he’s my favourite.

I travelled all the way from Ipswich on Sunday, which was around a 4 hour journey. I got to Gloucester eventually and had a bit of time before I got ready. I took forever getting ready - literally! We left for the stadium, and i went to pick up my tickets to find ‘Unreserved’ ones and ‘Meet and Greet’ ones, I had the biggest smile on my face. I went and listened to Twenty Twenty for a while, before going to the meeting place for the meet and greets. Two big Security men stood in front of these doors and asked for the tickets, we showed them and they let us through. Just as we went through the other around 15 pairs of people meeting them were then leaving. We had just got there in time and joined the end of the que. We we’re led upstairs where I stood nervously for a while. The doors kept opening as more and more people went through, every time I saw them and had a mini heart attack. Finally, it was my turn.

I walked in, as my mum picked up a signed poster. The boys were still with the people before, and were signing her poster. While doing so Tom was singing, it was beautiful. Max was the first to greet me, he gave me a hug and a kiss and said ‘Hi darlin, how’re you?’ and i couldn’t reply as i was hyperventilating! Then was Jay, he also gave me a hug and kiss, and said ‘how are you?’ I had to reply to him as he’s my favourite, I managed to push out a ‘fine’ in between my millions of short breaths, Next was Tom, he gave me a hug + kiss too, and while doing so Siva stood behind him and said ‘Hi darlin how are you?’ and so I gave Siva a hug too! As i hugged them my mum gave them their presents (Jay a skittle t-shirt and a book I made for all of them) I told jay I didn’t expect him to wear it, and he said ‘Oh My God, you’re my hero!’ While laughing, and he picked me up off my feet while hugging me (like he does in the Lose My Mind video) and gave me another kiss, I was pretty much dead by then. Then we had to take a quick photo. Max was looking at my book, and was like ‘Oh My God!’ while laughing, as I had a picture of all of them, and swapped their hairstyles around! Tom went ‘What The Fuck?!’ and Jay was laughing! He said something about Max looking funny with curly hair, then said something about if I had to stretch Siva’s head! (this would make sense if you saw the photo) Then Nathan said something about the book and said ‘Give us a hug darling’ and I gave him a hug, then the management said I had to go, so I left with the biggest smile on my face ever.

It’s unreal how much I miss them, I’ve cried twice already as I just want to see them again.

Those boys have made me the happiest girl in the world.


1 comment:

  1. OMG! LUCY I WANNA MEET THEM! :L xxx

    ReplyDelete